Instagram is extraordinary and the numbers behind this social network are incredible. Just think that it has 1 billion members worldwide!
Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn are still too far from this goal. Some of these probably will never reach these numbers.
As for the growth of interest of this social media, take a look at this graph taken from Google Trends:
According to these data, it is difficult to believe that the growth will stop shortly.
Good news, I would say, for social media marketers. So, the question is: can you make money with Instagram?
The answer is yes. In this post, I’ll give you some effective tips.
It’s all about your followers
You are probably wondering how many followers you need to start earning.
The answer is: “not as many as you think”. This depends on the following factors:
- The niche of the content treated in your photos and how they are related to a specific category of products (fashion, food, beauty and fitness, for example, are the most popular niches on Instagram).
- The level of engagement of your followers (this means that the greater the involvement of your followers in your posts and the greater the engagement).
- The method you choose to make money (you probably did not know, but there are many ways to make money with Instagram. I’ll talk about this later in this article)
So, how many active followers do you have?
You have to know from the beginning that most businesses will partner with influencers or people with a nice following.
If you have a few followers, there are some strategies you can apply to increase the number, including immediately make your account more professional:
- Complete your bio: Explain in a few words who you are and where you are from. You can also add a few hashtags to better identify your profile, to make it easy for users to find you. Also, include the contact information (choose a business profile, of course. Not personal).
- Post with constancy: To increase your followers and start earning, you will have to share one photo a day (or at least, every few days). But be careful, do not publish all the pictures at once, or it will bring you exactly the opposite effect!
- Take good pictures: Make sure the images are interesting and of the highest quality. It makes no sense to publish a poor quality photo.
- Use proper hashtags. When you post, always remember to insert relevant hashtags. In this way, you will have the possibility to reach more users. Find the right hashtags inherent to your profile and be sure to include them in every single post.
- Engage with your audience. Take some time to look after your followers leaving comments or liking other photos. This way, you will attract users to your profile and, hopefully, gain new followers.
Ok. Now that you have boosted the number of your following, it’s time to start monetizing your Instagram account!
Make money with affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing simply consists of selling a product with an affiliate link and taking a percentage on each sale.
This is one of the most popular methods of making money blogging, where bloggers use banners, reviews, or even sponsored posts.
You can apply a similar strategy on Instagram.
What you need to do is publishing beautiful images, focusing on the product to be promoted and generating sales with your affiliate link or simply by promoting a discount code, provided by the company.
How does it work?
Simple, the company will give you a personalized discount code (20% or 30%).
You will have to share photos, sponsoring the company product and inviting your followers to make the purchase with your discount code.
Obviously, you will have to mention the brand, so to increase the changes to make more sales.
Start earning with sponsored posts
If you have a good number of followers, you can make money by publishing content sponsored by brands.
This of a post (can be a photo or video) that features and presents a product or a brand to your audience.
Here, you usually want to add brand hashtags, mentions, or links.
Remember, it is important that all the product you promote are inherent with your identity on Instagram.
You should prove to the brand that even without sponsoring their product, you would have bought it anyway.
You may want to register to specific platforms to find advertisers. Some recommended are:
Monetize your Instagram photos
Why not using Instagram for this single purpose: selling your photos?
If you are a professional photographer (or amateur, but passionate), Instagram is a great way to advertise and sell your shots to individuals or agencies.
Add a watermark and use captions to list all the details of your images.
Make sure you have an active presence, so to have a nice number of followers.
Use appropriate hashtags to attract users and try to engage with people or photo agencies.
Here are some sites where you can put your photos on sale:
Instagram is the social of the moment and it is essential to know how this platform works.
As you may have seen, profit opportunities with Instagram are considerable.
About 3 years ago it was much easier to grow with this social, there was much less competition, but now that almost everyone understood the true potential of this social media with companies and ordinary people coming across the platform to look for profits.
Do not wait any longer, start building your Instagram identity now. Your competitors are not waiting for you. The more time passes, the more difficult it will be to grow.
That’s all! I hope this article has clarified your ideas on how to make money with Instagram. If you have any doubt or question, leave a comment below.